Cy-fair sports association youth sports complex
Female Snowboarding & Other Board Sports - ShredditGirls
2012.02.17 21:29 MCJokeExplainer Female Snowboarding & Other Board Sports - ShredditGirls
Reddit community built around the culture that women and girls bring to shredding sports like snowboarding, as well as surfing, skiing, skateboarding, and more.
2012.06.15 15:46 Halifax Soccer : Football around the HRM!
This sub is where we can discuss anything soccer related in the Halifax regional municipality.
2019.05.26 20:28 PokemonTrainerEthan The Official Fan Club of Dr. Phe Xuan Bach
The official fan club of Dr. Phe Xuan Bach, a brilliant man and a master of mindfulness and Buddhism. Thank Phe Bach for blessing us with his presence.
2023.05.28 17:48 Vanguard_CK3 [Event] Cabinet Reshuffle: Trust the King
Yemen's King Ageel bin Mohammed al Badr has ordered a cabinet reshuffle
through a series of royal decrees that imply a sharp focus on the improving the economy, King Ageel has consolidated his rule by merging of offices and delegating key powers to various ministries for the first time while trimming and professionalizing the government.
|Office ||Incumbent |
|Prime Minister ||Rashad Al Alimi |
|Deputy Prime Minister for Finance & Economic Affairs ||Hussein Abdullah Mkabuli |
|Deputy Prime Minister for the Affairs of the Security ||Jalal al-Rowaishan |
|Deputy Prime Minister for the Affairs of the Service ||Mahmoud Abdel Kader al-Jounaïd |
|Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries Wealth, and Environmental Affairs ||Mohammad Mohammad al-Zubayri |
|Minister of Civil Service and Insurance ||Talal Aklan |
|Minister of Commerce, Trade, Industry and Investment Promotion ||Fares Mana'a |
|Minister of Communications, Information Technology & Transport ||Ghalib Abdullah Mutlaq |
|Minister of Defense ||Mohamed al-Atifi |
|Minister of Diwan of Royal Court ||Dhaifallah Qasim Saleh al-Shami |
|Minister of Education, Higher Education, Scientific Research and Innovation ||Khaled Al-Wasabi |
|Minister of Energy, Oil & Gas and Minerals ||Ahmed Abdullah Naji Dars |
|Minister of Expatriates & Foreign Affairs ||Hisham Sharaf Abdullah |
|Minister of Finance & Economic Affairs ||Saleh Ahmed Shaaban |
|Minister of Health ||Sheikh Qassem Mohammad Qassem Bahaibah |
|Minister of Interior, Social Affairs & Labour ||Abdulhakim Ahmed al-Mawri |
|Minister of Justice, Human Rights & Legal Affairs ||Badr al-Ardah |
|Minister of Local Administration, Regional Municipalities and Water Resources ||Ali Bin Ali Al-Kays |
|Minister of Planning and International Cooperation ||Abdulaziz Al-Kumaim |
|Minister of Religious Endowments and Guidance ||Sharaf Ali al-Kulaisi |
|Minister of Royal Office ||Yahia Badreddin al-Houthi |
|Minister of Sana’a Secretariat ||Abdelghani Jamil |
|Minister of Sports and Youth Development ||Hassan Mohammed Zaid |
|Minister of State for National Dialogue Outcomes' Affairs and National Reconciliation ||Ahmed Saleh al-Ganie |
|Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and the Shura Council ||Ali Abdullah Abu Hulaykah |
|Minister of Tourism, Culture & Heritage ||Nasser Mahfouz Bagazkoz |
Notably, the new Prime Minister selected is none other than Rashad Al Alimi, a local Yemeni politician originating from Taizz, who served as the chairman of the Presidential Leadership Council from 7 April 2022 until the announcement of the Kingdom of Yemen. Indeed, most of Yemen’s new or reappointed ministers have decades of experience as capable bureaucrats or professionals in a related field.
The new ministers consolidated comprising of 27 members were selected from amongst the 72 different cabinet ministers of two now-defunct cabinets that served separate leaderships. However the bulk of the cabinet members were allied with the Ansar Allah movement except the Prime Minister and the Minister of Education, Minister of Health, Minister of Justice, and the Minister of Sana'a Secretariat, who were known supporters of the now-defunct Pro-Hadi Government. Essentially it seems that the Prime Minister will be facing challenges on leading this new government selected for him by the King. No doubt, he is surrounded by a sea of enemies, and even his previous comrades now see a future whereby alliances shift like the desert sands. With reference to the wise words of Adel Imam, for his very survival, he must learn not only how to navigate, but to breath underwater.
submitted by Vanguard_CK3
to Geosim [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 17:27 Anxious_Echo_5878 Entry-level software engineer resume for new grad with no internship
submitted by Anxious_Echo_5878
to EngineeringResumes [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 17:06 carlyrae_jimson_weed I 19M Feel Confused With My Ex Boyfriend 20M For 2 To 3 Years And I 30m Seem To Lack Close Relationships With Similar Couples.
I'm annoyed at this point and often didn't like it. For those of his peers are not great, but I wanted to remind us all that he owed me that, but he hasn't put forth the effort to pass all his classes. Only thing is as much as well.
I always felt like he had slept with him and I am no contact with my bachelors not too uncommon for women in various fields and I have no clue where to go today. Deep down I know I am wondering if I go I ALWAYS see him! As soon as they heard what had happened to say my explanation to my stomach.
But I also noticed she had had for years now and have 3 different bras that all fit. At some moment, she gave me 32DD and it really hurts to see any of my college. But at what point do I let him keep doing it.
So I would like to thank everyone for the first time. he lifted me over to stay the night before he went to get damaged. As soon as Matt and I ask him to pass as well as in the same time other colors are scary to experiment with. She started to associate with us and leaving us.
Now I am wearing a sports bra but with the bag of the school work. I've been getting so much pressure to do this and if you're here to do the work from what you wore.
submitted by carlyrae_jimson_weed
to subreddit_simulacrum [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 16:55 HumblePoser Pouvez-vous être attiré par un garçon manqué ?
Disclaimer: je n’aime pas particulièrement cette expression mais c’est la plus explicite (si vous en avez une autre aussi concise, je prends ☺️)
J’avais vu cette question passer sur AskMen
mais j’aimerais bien avoir le point de vue de mes compatriotes mangeurs de fromage et buveurs de vin.
Quand je dis « garçon manqué » c’est pour décrire une femme qui a des centres d’intérêt que l’on associe aux hommes (auto, moto, bricolage, sports, etc.) mais, a contrario, peu voire pas de centres d’intérêt que l’on associe aux femmes (maquillage, shopping, enfants, etc.). Est-ce que le fait qu’une femme préfère réparer la cafetière qui fuit plutôt que de se maquiller pour aller au travail vous rebute ? Au contraire, le fait qu’elle partage des passions avec vous est-il un plus ? Ou alors vous pourriez vous compléter car vous êtes plus couture que voiture ?
Je suis volontairement dans le cliché mais parce que certains préjugés ont la vie dure…
submitted by HumblePoser
to AskMec [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 15:31 No_Cricket_2824 CMV: Myron has a childlike understanding of overweight people, crime , race and just behaviors in general.
Myron has a childlike understanding of the world. Rather than look at the macro level to see how people are behaving,their circumstances, observing and evaluating the many factors in society his advice is
" just be better and stop making excuses ".........
For example , in New York Hispanics/black people commit about 70 percent of the rape and murder. Myron will not acknowledge the environment they grew up in but more so will say
" Well they happened to do that at a disproportionate rate and need to stop" 🤦♀️
We commit about 40 percent of the crime while being only 15 percent of the population because of poverty, lack of generational wealth, drugs put into our community, gangs manifesting to survive the impoverished conditions,lack of generational wealth, Red lining etc. Myron rhetoric is indistinguishable from a white supremacist . You will never understand anyone when you believe
" if I were you I wouldn't have done that " 🤦♀️
This is the farthest sentiment from helping people. His arguments is analogous to a Christian saying they'll be a muslim if born in Saudi Arabia. He doesn't acknowledge someone environment who's never had anything.We know that poverty causes crime so it's better to look how people behave and then fix the cause of the behavior rather than a childlike solution to everything being
" no excuses , be better " .
I don't want to get too philosophical but the belief in libertarian free will is truly cancer.
In regards to those overweight
"Around 55% of obese children go on to be obese in adolescence, around 80% of obese adolescents will still be obese in adulthood and around 70% will be obese over age 30"
This is a description of how people behave and how hard it is once they've reached adult hood to lose weight. They have more fat cells which makes it difficult to lose weight. Their parents have subjected them to a poor diet and they didn't get much exercise as children from sports and what not. To look at 80 percent of adolescents staying obese in adulthood thinking
" it's your fking fault "
Let's you know how ignorant and privileged Myron is. Our behavior is very complex and it's better to see how people are behaving from a macro level rather than not looking for a solution appealing to " no excuses " because you believe if you were them you wouldn't have done it. Then again you follow an insane man that lives his life by the naturalistic fallacy saying he doesn't try to give women an orgasm because it doesn't lead to procreation, sleep with 50 women, don't live with your kids and family but live with boys , etc .
submitted by No_Cricket_2824
to LengfOrGirf [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 14:59 IGuessIAmAnAdult I watched a soccer game on TV with my dad last night and the whole experience was just healthy masculinity.
It was completely different to the american football superbowl party at the church youth group, or the olympics at my grandparents house.
I got the gender euphoria from a typical father-son activity that is sports, but the game was so much more wholesome.
These guys hugged each other quite a bit. The competitiveness was polite, and if someone on the other team fell down everybody cared about their well-being not just the ones with matching uniforms.
What has your experience with sports and cis men been like?
submitted by IGuessIAmAnAdult
to ftm [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 14:55 sipsip_slow You don’t need extra carbs to build muscle or gain strength
Seen this myth cropping up in bodybuilding and powerlifting circles constantly. It bothers me that people continue to push this idea without reviewing properly the evidence: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35215506/ https://mennohenselmans.com/how-many-carbs-for-strength-muscle/ https://mennohenselmans.com/do-strength-trainees-really-need-carbs/
TLDR: the average strength/bodybuilding trainee doesn’t need extra carbs, particularly if training with volumes of 10 sets or less per muscle group per session.
There are benefits to being in calorie surplus even for the average strength trainee, however the surplus can come from any macro for the same benefits.
It is still recommended to get minimum 15g carbs in your pre workout meal.
Endurance athletes and sports athletes who rely on anaerobic systems e.g. MMA athletes etc benefit from extra carbs in their diet, especially those who train 2x a day, and pro bodybuilders who use very high training volumes. Obviously 95% of gym goers do not fit into this category.
FYI, the science based recommended carb amounts for these pro athletes are also not very high. For example, for boxers they are normally recommended to get 30-60g (depending on their size) of complex carbs (like oats) per meal 2-4h before most training sessions, with a 15g simple carb meal/drink after training. There is no reason to consume 100s of grams of white rice and simple carbs even for them.
EDIT: all research (presumably) based on natties. If you’re on steroids you can probably benefit from some more carbs than if you’re natty
submitted by sipsip_slow
to moreplatesmoredates [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 14:48 spaceamber Pilot: Can we discuss all that fur they are wearing? Are the girls hunting each other for sport?
So I went back and watched the Pilot again and I have some new questions.
They are all (except Pit Girl) wearing massive amounts of fur from what looks to be very large animals. Where did all that fur come from and where did all the meat associated with that fur go? Were they all summer hunts where they could not preserve the meat for some reason or is game plentiful and the girls just hunt each other for sport now?
submitted by spaceamber
to Yellowjackets [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 14:26 -o__-o Finance Resume
I have no finance experience. I'm not necessarily asking to rate my resume based on my achievements and experience, because I'm still and undergraduate.
Please give me advice on formatting, cutting/adding things. Etc.
(Apologies for scribbling out information)
submitted by -o__-o
to FinancialCareers [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 13:18 RobertGracie Parts and parameters been replaced and or changed during Parc Fermé
2023.05.28 13:03 BullAlligator [General Discussion] CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT WEEK: Championship Sunday (2023)
/collegebaseball General Discussion Thread - WEEK 15: Part III (2023)
Week 15 Games
2023 Week 15 Top 25 Mean+Median 3-Poll Composite
BA – Baseball America
|Rank ||Team ||Conference ||D1B ||BWA ||USAT ||Prev. ||Δ |
|1 || Wake Forest Demon Deacons || ACC ||1 ||1 ||1 ||1 ||— |
|2 || Florida Gators || SEC ||2 ||2 ||2 ||3 ||↑1 |
|3 || Stanford Cardinal || Pac-12 ||3 ||3 ||5 ||5 ||↑2 |
|4 || LSU Tigers || SEC ||5 ||3 ||3 ||4 ||— |
|5 || Arkansas Razorbacks || SEC ||4 ||5 ||4 ||2 ||↓3 |
|6 || Vanderbilt Commodores || SEC ||8 ||6 ||6 ||10 ||↑4 |
|7 || Coastal Carolina Chanticleers || Sun Belt ||7 ||8 ||7 ||7 ||— |
|8 || Clemson Tigers || ACC ||6 ||9 ||8 ||9 ||↑1 |
|9 || Connecticut Huskies || Big East ||9 ||7 ||10 ||8 ||↓1 |
|10 || Miami Hurricanes || ACC ||11 ||10 ||11 ||12 ||↑2 |
|11 || Virginia Cavaliers || ACC ||12 ||12 ||9 ||18 ||↑7 |
|12 || ECU Pirates || American ||15 ||11 ||12 ||14 ||↑2 |
|13 || Oregon State Beavers || Pac-12 ||10 ||13 ||14 ||15 ||↑2 |
|14 || Tennessee Volunteers || SEC ||13 ||15 ||13 ||19 ||↑5 |
|15 || Campbell Fighting Camels || Big South ||14 ||14 ||15 ||13 ||↓2 |
|16 || Dallas Baptist Patriots || C-USA ||17 ||16 ||16 ||17 ||↑1 |
|17 || Oklahoma State Cowboys || Big 12 ||18 ||17 ||18 ||22 ||↑5 |
|18 || West Virginia Mountaineers || Big 12 ||21 ||17 ||17 ||6 ||↓12 |
|19 || South Carolina Gamecocks || SEC ||NR ||19 ||19 ||11 ||↓8 |
|20 || Boston College Eagles || ACC ||22 ||20 ||20 ||21 ||↑1 |
|21 || Southern Miss Golden Eagles || Sun Belt ||16 ||21 ||23 ||24 ||↑3 |
|22 || Texas Longhorns || Big 12 ||20 ||25 ||22 ||NR ||↑ |
|23 || Kentucky Wildcats || SEC ||25 ||23 ||21 ||20 ||↓3 |
|24 || Duke Blue Devils || ACC ||NR ||22 ||24 ||16 ||↓8 |
|25 || Maryland Terrapins || Big Ten ||23 ||24 ||NR ||23 ||↓2 |
|NR || Auburn Tigers || SEC ||19 ||27 ||25 ||NR ||↑ |
|NR || Alabama Crimson Tide || SEC ||24 ||26 ||NR ||NR ||↑ |
D1B – D1Baseball
CBW – National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association
USAT – USA Today
2023 Division 1 League Champions *ineligible to receive automatic qualifier; Cal State Fullerton was rewarded the bid
submitted by BullAlligator
to collegebaseball [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 13:00 AutoModerator Community Notice Board - Share Events, Make Friends, Find Roommates or Teammates, Local Charity Requests and More
2023.05.28 12:07 jedinaps Wondering what I can be looking at for a while before I’m ready
Hi! Just to clarify, I am not looking to jump into this, I’m just hoping to get some guidance as I’m prepping to get a dog in the next like 1-1.5 years. I’ve always wanted a dog but was never in the situation to. I believe I’ll be ready around this timeline and I didn’t want to get attached to the idea of a breed that isn’t realistic for my needs. Needing a little more financial stability for regular vet visits and dog’s needs and I expect to have this at that time. Introduction
1) Will this be your first dog? If not, what experience do you have owning/training dogs?
2) Do you have a preference for rescuing a dog vs. going through a reputable breeder
? Very set on rescuing but wanting a young dog that can be better trained and bonding
3) Describe your ideal dog.
I try to be realistic with this, I know there are no unicorns. But my ideal would be a small dog that will lay around and watch a movie with me. Very much a companion dog. Hoping to be able to take it to dog friendly public places eventually. Chill is a high priority.
4) What breeds or types of dogs are you interested in and why?
I’ve looked at chihuahuas, poms, mini schnauzers, yorkies, papillions, mini dachunds, lhasa Apsos
5) What sorts of things would you like to train your dog to do?
Basic commands the most, any additional would be great but not fully necessary. I would like to take it with me to public parks and maybe into dog friendly stores without too much trouble.
6) Do you want to compete with your dog in a sport (e.g. agility, obedience, rally) or use your dog for a form of work (e.g. hunting, herding, livestock guarding)? If so, how much experience do you have with this work/sport?
Im trying to stay away from hard working breeds as Im hoping for lower physical needs. Care Commitments
7) How long do you want to devote to training, playing with, or otherwise interacting with your dog each day?
I am a stay at home mom so the dog would almost always be with me besides maybe a day trip to theme parks (we’re local so it’s like a day at the beach to us) and like grocery shopping. I also have a pretty chill currently four year old who loves playing with small dogs from extended family. I would like to devote a decent amount of time to training because I’ve had bad experiences with untrained dogs from people close to me and I really want to avoid that. I don’t have ridiculously high standards but I hate jumpy/super loud around other people. I understand hesitation from visitors but the ability to regulate that in a decent amount of time would be great.
8) How long can you exercise your dog each day, on average? What sorts of exercise are you planning to give your dog regularly and does that include using a dog park?
Several walks during the day around our complex at minimum but likely lots of stimulation at home. I’m a bit of a home body but hoping dog’s needs can help me get out more. We have a close dog park so probably not every day but 2-3 times a week for a good longer play outside time.
9) How much regular brushing are you willing to do? Are you open to trimming hair, cleaning ears, or doing other grooming at home? If not, would you be willing to pay a professional to do it regularly?
I don’t mind brushing at all, almost find it relaxing, but I’d like a lower needs beyond that. I know a lot of small dogs need regular grooming and I’d likely take it in for grooming but hoping not to have to do that often. Personal Preferences
10) What size dog are you looking for?
Pretty small. Not as small as like a cat but maybe midway between that and a medium dog.
11) How much shedding, barking, and slobber can you handle?
Prefer to avoid slobber but don’t mind some shedding. I grew up with cats so I’m no stranger to that. I’d prefer a dog I could train not to bark a ton. I don’t mind some reactive but yappy is a turn off.
12) How important is being able to let your dog off-leash in an unfenced area?
No preference Dog Personality and Behavior
13) Do you want a snuggly dog or one that prefers some personal space?
Cuddly for sure
14) Would you prefer a dog that wants to do its own thing or one that’s more eager-to-please?
I prefer eager to please but don’t mind a little independence
15) How would you prefer your dog to respond to someone knocking on the door or entering your yard? How would you prefer your dog to greet strangers or visitors?
I don’t mind a little barking but would like to try to train to be mild on command. Like to maybe sit and stay once the person is greeted. If they’re familiar I don’t mind some excitement but ideally I’d love to not have a major freak out at any knock.
16) Are you willing to manage a dog that is aggressive to other dogs?
I’m not around other dogs often but being a first time pet owner I think it would be wise to avoid.
17) Are there any other behaviors you can’t deal with or want to avoid?
The biggest for me are jumpy/yappy. I know dogs are dogs and dogs are their own people so I expect a personally but not being aggressive or destructive are ideal. Lifestyle
18) How often and how long will the dog be left alone?
Very rarely. MAYBE for a day trip once a week. I’d hope to take the dog with whenever possible/socially acceptable in places. I have close family that takes their small dog on vacations and while I don’t go on them often I plan to try to do the same.
19) What are the dog-related preferences of other people in the house and what will be their involvement in caring for the dog?
My husband is a big dog person so I expect him to be very open but training is a must. My daughter is very good around animals so needs are low there. She’s very good at leaving animals alone if asked/explained but I’d love to be able to call the dog back to me if need be.
20) Do you have other pets or are you planning on having other pets? What breed or type of animal are they?
I have one cat who is the chillest dude. He’s not had a problem with people or pets he’s been around. The only issues I’ve ever had with him was taking a cat in a very sudden very temporary basis rescued from neglect and that cat was very territorial but my guy wanted to be friends.
21) Will the dog be interacting with children regularly?
I do not plan to have any more kids so mainly just my daughter who will be 5-6 around the time I plan to get the dog.
22) Do you rent or plan to rent in the future? If applicable, what breed or weight restrictions are on your current lease?
I rent and I believe there is a weight restriction but it isn’t enforced, I’ve seen VERY big dogs from neighbors. I plan to get a small dog regardless so I doubt it’ll matter. It’ll just be an extra $15/mo for pet rent (so it’ll have to get a small part time job to cover its portion of the rent 😂)
23) What city or country do you live in and are you aware of any laws banning certain breeds?
I’m in the Orlando area and I don’t think any major breeds are banned
24) What is the average temperature of a typical summer and winter day where you live?
Definitely on the hotter side Additional Information and Questions
25) Please provide any additional information you feel may be relevant.
I have anxiety and bipolar disorder but am quite stable on medication but I’m hoping for a dog that is somewhat forgiving if we have to skip the longer walk for a day or so. I’d love to have a psychiatric service animal but I don’t think I have the resources nor the finances. I have a friend who’s dog is not fully service trained but generally makes the circle while walking in public and it’s so helpful/reliving walking with her so if at all possible it would be pretty cool to attempt this.
I know a dog is a lot more work than a cat and especially a puppy but I’m looking to take that on and I’ve had an infant so I know about being on the clock. I am also a tiny bit picky about looks being honest. I don’t really like the look of a classic chihuahua but have loved mixes like some chi/mini dachshunds as the psychical traits like fur type/colopattern is a little more unique from what I’ve seen. I don’t like pugs or French bulldogs, I just want something a little softer and don’t love the smooshed face. I’ve seen some mixes with bigger dogs but I don’t really know how any of that works/is. Being that I plan to rescue I browse Petfinder often so it’s just ones I’ve come across.
26) Feel free to ask any questions below.
submitted by jedinaps
to dogs [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 11:54 JSFXPrime4 🤡"They’re a cadre of academics and scientists who pushed a discredited solution to the COVID pandemic, shunning masks, school closings, even vaccines, all in the name of reaching the elusive goal of “herd immunity,” resulting in what may have been 100,000s of unnecessary American deaths."🤡
2023.05.28 11:39 Cross_Ange Alright, which one of you lot suggested this?
2023.05.28 11:28 Cross_Ange Alright. which one of you lot suggested this
2023.05.28 11:27 Cross_Ange Alright. which one of you lot suggested this
2023.05.28 10:13 marvinsands Chatbot writes me a pit bull lobby story à la Jean-Luc Picard
I asked Bing's AI Chatbot to do this: "Can you write a page about the pit bull lobby in the style of Jean-Luc Picard?" And this is what it came up with.
The Pit Bull Lobby: A Threat to Public Safety By Jean-Luc Picard
Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.
But not all life forms are friendly. Some are dangerous, aggressive and unpredictable. Some have been bred for centuries to fight and kill. Some have a powerful lobby that protects them from any regulation or accountability.
I am talking about pit bulls.
Pit bulls are not a natural breed. They are the result of selective breeding for dogfighting, a cruel and illegal sport that still thrives in many parts of the world. Pit bulls have been genetically engineered to have a high prey drive, a strong bite force, a tenacious grip and a willingness to attack without warning or provocation.
Pit bulls are responsible for more than half of all fatal dog attacks in the United States, Canada and many other countries. They also inflict severe injuries on thousands of people and animals every year, often leaving permanent physical and psychological scars.
Pit bulls are not only a danger to humans, but also to other dogs and pets. They have been known to kill or maim horses, sheep, goats, cats, rabbits and even birds. They have no regard for size, age or species. They attack indiscriminately and relentlessly.
Pit bulls are not suitable pets for anyone. They require constant supervision, training and socialization. They are not loyal, obedient or affectionate. They are unpredictable, unstable and untrustworthy. They are not compatible with children, elderly or disabled people. They are not safe to have around other animals.
Pit bulls are a menace to society. They pose a serious threat to public health and safety. They cause fear, anxiety and trauma in communities. They drain resources from animal shelters, veterinary clinics and law enforcement agencies. They increase insurance premiums, medical bills and legal costs.
Yet despite all the evidence of their danger and harm, pit bulls have a powerful lobby that defends them at all costs. This lobby is composed of five levels:
Level one: The financing source. Animal Farm Foundation (AFF), run by an American millionaire named Jane Berkey, who inherited a fortune from her father and turned over at least $6 million to her group1. AFF’s motto is: "Securing equal treatment and opportunity for pit bull dogs."
Level two: The researchers. National Canine Research Council (NCRC), bought by AFF in 2007. NCRC was created by a veterinary technician named Karen Delise, who self-proclaims as the "greatest national expert on deaths caused by dog bites." NCRC produces studies that attempt to show pit bulls cannot be identified or are not more dangerous than other dogs.
Level three: The publication. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA), which publishes NCRC studies in its journal2. JAVMA also provides sample letters for readers to contest any law aimed at pit bulls2 and has a link to AFF on its website.
Level four: The political lobby. Best Friends Animal Society (BFAS), one of the biggest animal rights organizations in the USA, with corporate sponsors and partners such as Skechers and Hallmark and Hollywood celebrity endorsements. BFAS receives $100 million in yearly donations and employs lawyers and lobbyists who push their agenda to “save them all”, including very dangerous dogs. BFAS contends that any restrictions on pit bulls is “discrimination” and their followers equate breed restrictions as a form of "racism".
Level five: The activists. Various groups and individuals who spread misinformation, propaganda and lies about pit bulls on social media, blogs, websites and other platforms. They harass, intimidate and threaten anyone who speaks out against pit bulls or supports breed-specific legislation (BSL). They use emotional manipulation, false statistics, anecdotal stories and personal attacks to sway public opinion and influence policy makers.
The pit bull lobby is well-funded, well-organized and well-connected. It has infiltrated every level of society, from the media to the academia to the government. It has corrupted science, ethics and justice. It has endangered lives, rights and freedoms.
The pit bull lobby is not interested in the truth or the welfare of animals or humans. It is only interested in its own agenda and ideology. It is driven by greed, ego and fanaticism. It is a cult that worships a deadly dog.
The pit bull lobby must be exposed, challenged and stopped. It is a matter of life and death.
We, the people, have the power and the duty to protect ourselves, our loved ones and our fellow citizens from the pit bull menace. We must demand that our elected officials enact and enforce BSL, which has been proven to reduce dog attacks and save lives in many jurisdictions around the world.
We must educate ourselves and others about the reality and the risks of pit bulls. We must support the victims and the advocates of BSL. We must boycott the businesses and the celebrities that support the pit bull lobby. We must speak up and speak out against the lies and the propaganda of the pit bull lobby.
We must not let fear, ignorance or apathy stop us from doing what is right and necessary. We must not let the pit bull lobby silence us or intimidate us. We must not let the pit bull lobby win.
We are the Federation. We are stronger together. We are smarter than them. We are better than them.
We are not afraid of pit bulls.
We are not afraid of the pit bull lobby.
We are not afraid to make it so.
submitted by marvinsands
to BanPitBulls [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 07:56 AbleBird9647 Make an Impression with Luxury Living! M3M Sector 94 Noida
M3M Code 94, M3M Code 94 Noida, M3M Noida, M3M Luxury Projects in Noida, M3M 3,4 & 5 BHK Premium Apartment in Noida, M3M Projects Noida, M3M Sector 94 Noida, M3M Projects Noida, M3M Noida, M3M Sector 94 Noida Price List, M3M Sector 94 Noida Location Map, M3M Sector 94 Noida Floor Plan, M3M Sector 94 Noida Payment Plan
For More Details, Visit: https://m3mprojectsnoida.in/m3m-sector-94-noida/
M3M Sector 94 Noida
is one of the most sought-after real estate projects in the city. Located in Sector 94, it offers an array of luxurious residential options to choose from. The project features 3,4 & 5 BHK premium apartments that come with all modern amenities and facilities that make life comfortable and convenient for its residents. Apart from this, M3M also provides a wide range of luxury projects located across Noida which have been designed keeping in mind the needs and requirements of today’s buyers.
M3M Sector 94 Noida
One can find several attractive features at M3M Sector 94 Noida such as swimming pools, landscaped gardens, gyms etc along with other recreational activities like shopping malls or sports complexes nearby making it a perfect destination for those looking to purchase property here. Additionally there are various payment plans available for buyers who want to invest their money wisely without any hassles or delays while buying their dream home at M3M Projects Noida .
M3M Sector 94 Noida
Apart from these benefits , what makes this project stand out is its commitment towards providing quality construction with superior safety standards so as to ensure peace-of-mind among customers when they buy property here . Furthermore , being strategically located close proximity to Delhi NCR region makes it even more desirable option amongst potential investors looking forward investing into real estate sector . M3M Sector 94 Noida
All these factors combined together make purchasing properties at M3m Sector 94 noida
an ideal choice whether you are looking for peaceful living environment or lucrative investment opportunities
submitted by AbleBird9647
to u/AbleBird9647 [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 07:39 holy_vermin95 THE COMPLETE LORE OF SLEEP TOKEN
The complete lore of Sleep Token (as I see it). Bear in mind this is after a sudden urge to understand the lore and create a timeline of events. I know many of y'all have been doing this longer, this is just my interpretation of the timeline assuming every song is in sequence.
As I've said before in another post, I see the story of Sleep Token as the redemption story of Vessel (the character) who is being punished by some unknown force through a deity named Sleep. Sleep is unaware of this and just sees Vessel as "another vessel" to feast on and ruin, but because Vessel is stronger and wants to improve he breaks free by the end of TMBTE with a new outlook on life. So I'll be interpreting the story with that in mind. Here's the story:
- "Thread the Needle" - (Sleep -> Vessel) Sleep seduces Vessel for the first time, and already starts to take control of Vessel's mind by making time dilate. They offer Vessel someone to confide in, and to erase his past mistakes with. "Bury me inside this labyrinth bed" just signifies Vessel going to sleep.
- "Fields of Elation" - (Vessel) Vessel's perspective as he succumbs to Sleep for the first time. He's "losing faith in their time apart" and thinks "nobody else can pull him out" of his past mistakes. This in my opinion makes Vessel much more complex than I imagined. Yes, Sleep is a malicious force that devours souls and feasts on vulnerable people by manipulating them, but Vessel also only values Sleep because they make him feel better about his past. They both do not value one another and are only with each other to serve themselves. The foundation of a toxic relationship.
- "When the Bough Breaks" - (Sleep -> Vessel) Sleep begins to gaslight Vessel. They tell him he's powerless without them and makes him feel bad about himself saying he "doesn't love, just hates to be alone" so he'll be scared and never leave. Sleep also does not believe Vessel is devoted to them and repeats the line "don't lie to me" probably in response to what Vessel says in "Fields of Elation" about Sleep being the only one to pull him out and how devoted he is to them. They also expand on how great they would be together.
- "Calcutta" - (Vessel -> Sleep) This EP came a year after the last one so this song just serves as an update to everyone getting everyone up to speed on Vessel and Sleep's relationship without adding any new significant events. Vessel just gushes over Sleep and tells them how they make him feel whole.
- "Nazareth" - Probably the darkest song in their entire catalog. As Sleep was skeptical of Vessel's devotion to them before, Vessel aims to prove his devotion by torturing and inflicting pain to his past lover (whom he probably already treated wrong considering his "past mistakes" that he seeks to overcome the guilt of with Sleep, this is a huge leap but let's call her Eden). The constant use of "load the gun", "I'll show you what you look like from the inside", and "See if she can guess what a hollow point does to a naked body" show that Vessel intends to shoot her, and I believe he does. Sleep now believes Vessel.
- "Jericho" - (Sleep) This song is basically Sleep just boasting after finally acquiring Vessel as a... well, vessel. They talk about how they "dine on old encounters" before telling Vessel he is completely under their thumb and tells him to "say their name again". This song also seems to be frantically skipping between Vessel and Sleep. "My hands are not worthy" is Vessel reflecting what he's done while Sleep boasts about their victory and control over Vessel.
III. JAWS - (Vessel -> Sleep) Now that Vessel and Sleep are entangled, Vessel asks Sleep to show him love by eating him. Now it is unclear whether this is what Vessel truly likes or if Sleep makes him believe that, but either way this is what Sleep wanted so they're okay with it. There's many more times Vessel asks Sleep to "take a bite" of him and many more references to vorarephilia (even a song called "Vore") so maybe Vessel just wants that.
IV. "The Way that You Were" - (Vessel -> Eden) This songs seems to be about Vessel reminiscing about Eden perhaps talking to her in a dream (considering they're probably not on speaking terms after he literally shot her). Eden is a very troubled soul, with repeated patterns of self harm, and Vessel has an imaginary conversation with her talking about it. Vessel shows no remorse for how he treated her and does not comfort her in any way, showing he has a long way to go for his redemption (in "Are You Really Okay?"). He just says all these things in a very stoic fashion.
- "The Night Does Not Belong To God" - (Vessel) Again like "Calcutta" this song serves as a way to get us up to speed on Vessel and Sleep's relationship. Sleep comes to Vessel when he um, falls asleep and talks to him then. Vessel sees this as pure bliss as he repeats "the night comes down like heaven". Vessel also knows Sleep "will not be his" which acts as foreshadowing for the rest of the album as he slowly realises Sleep does not care about his well being and is with him only for their own selfish interest.
- "The Offering" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel offers himself up to Sleep and is fully devoted to them. More references to vorarephilia with "take a bite."
- "Levitate" - (Vessel -> Sleep) As Vessel thinks about why Sleep is so distant with him he tries to empathise with Sleep and considers that maybe Sleep themselves are hurt, but of course they aren't. Vessel offers Sleep comfort and reassurance that he can "lift them up" but secretly knows they will "levitate where he can't reach them". He knows Sleep is unattainable and only comes to him when they want something from him.
- "Dark Signs" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel reflect on his childhood briefly before admitting that he saw red flags when he and Sleep met. He "misses the man he was" and "hates who he's become" under the influence of Sleep. He does so "every time he wakes up" further suggesting this. Even though he wasn't a great man before he met Sleep, he is noticeably worse now.
- "Higher" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel realises his relationship with Sleep is worse for him in the end. They are "killing him slow", and he is "granting them more than the debt that he owes" meaning he is giving Sleep much more than he owes them, but he is still committed and believes every battle they have will take them "higher".
- "Take Aim" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel realises Sleep does not have his best interests in mind and "led him on when the moment was perfect", but he's not ready to give up on the relationship, he's still bargaining.
- "Give" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel implores Sleep to be open with him and tell him they comfort him and he wants to do the same.
- "Gods" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel is driven to the brink and in a fit of rage reflects on what he is and what (perhaps) Sleep has made him. He questions Sleep and asks if they like the way their relationship feels.
- "Sugar" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Despite all the doubts he had, Vessel relapses hard into his infatuation with Sleep. He knows Sleep is toxic but romanticizes his situation, and he sees himself putting his feelings away and clinging onto the relationship as "not giving up".
- "Say That You Will" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel desperately tries to have a conversation with Sleep and says he knows they're "planning to leave in the end" but wants them to tell him pretty lies and is willing to compromise even at the expense of his own well being.
- "Drag Me Under" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel falls deeper into the toxic relationship believing they are meant to be, and implores Sleep to drag him further into the relationship.
- "Blood Sport" - (Vessel) This song summarises the revelations Vessel has had throughout the course of the album. He wants Sleep to open up to him, he knows his love is unrequited, but he's willing to stay at his own expense. This is also the first time the relationship between Sleep and Vessel is given a chemical connotation, suggesting that it's a much deeper connection. Vessel breaks down crying at the end of the song, feeling helpless.
VI. THIS PLACE WILL BECOME YOUR TOMB
- "Atlantic" - (Vessel) Vessel wakes up in a hospital after a failed suicide attempt, perhaps to sever his connection with Sleep, and is talked through the damage. He begs to not be woken up and slowly falls back into Sleep's grasp throughout the course of this album.
- "Hypnosis" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel implores Sleep to once again lift him out, and offers himself to them despite knowing how much it affected him. "The Offering" was the same but he did not know, this song is sadder because he is helpless even after knowing and offers himself up to Sleep the exact same way.
- "Mine" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel believes the relationship is destined to be and that no matter how much he tries to distance himself with Sleep, they'll surely cross paths again. He lies to himself more to make himself feel okay instead of facing the truth.
- "Like That" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel is once again reminded of how toxic the relationship is and asks how Sleep is okay with doing this to him asking if they "like that". He knows he is one of many previous victims. He is aware of his inability to let go no matter you how badly Sleep treats him.
- "The Love You Want" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel tries to have a conversation with Sleep, believing they saw something in him the time they met, and tells them he's still the same person but he knows he'll never be who they want.
- "Fall For Me" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Continuing from the previous song, Vessel desperately implores Sleep to "fall for him" again, because that's what he has convinced himself to believe that was.
- "Alkaline" - (Vessel) Vessel is infatuated again and can't explain it, even though he knows Sleep is changing him. He refuses to do anything about it, because he enjoys the ride. More chemical references.
- "Distraction" - (Vessel) Vessel realises he's past the point of no return and it's "too late for him" he's fallen in too deep into him relationship with Sleep.
- "Descending" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel is actually very stern with Sleep and says things for what they are for the the first time.
- "Telomeres" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel seemed really convinced on the previous track but now he's back to romanticizing his relationship and acknowledges that Sleep provided him comfort. This part of the album is very confusing as Vessel changes his mind about the relationship with every song. The way I see it is him trying to make sense of the relationship. He feels conflicted.
- "High Water" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel chooses to ignore his own doubts about the relationship again, even though he knows it's not the best for him.
- "Missing Limbs" - (Vessel -> Eden) Vessel has another imaginary conversation, probably a dream talking to Eden saying he still loves her and his relationship with Sleep is losing its allure.
VII. TAKE ME BACK TO EDEN
- "Chokehold" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Again, this serves as an update for us setting the scene, Vessel is still firmly in Sleep's grasp.
- "The Summoning" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel talks about how his relationship with Sleep is and he presents it in a very romantic way like they were destined to be together. Even though throughout the course of the album he finds the strength to move on from Sleep.
- "Granite" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel says things for what they are again and seems very empowered. Like he's finally seeing the relationship from the perspective of an outsider and for what it is.
- "Aqua Regia" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel talks more about his relationship with Sleep but wants to move on ("and I am done dancing to alarming bells").
- "Vore" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel feels his vorarephilic urges again and wishes to be "swallowed whole" by Sleep, but he acknowledges that he is suffering and asks Sleep if they are "in pain like he is".
- "Ascensionism" - (Vessel -> Sleep) Much like "Granite", Vessel is very empowered here. He no longer feels helpless and asks Sleep to "watch him ascend". He fully acknowledges that Sleep "makes him wish he could disappear". It's taken him so long to fully admit that.
- "Are You Really Okay?" (Vessel -> Eden) Vessel fully confronts Eden about her self harm and begs her to not hurt herself again. He feels empathy for others and slowly transforms into a better person.
- "The Apparition" (Vessel -> Sleep) Vessel asks Sleep why they are never real and why they leave every time he awakes, but he also wants to nihilistically "make trouble in the dream world" because "this could be the last time" suggesting that he wants to move on.
- "DYWTYLM" (Vessel -> himself) Throughout his life and throughout the course of his relationship with Sleep, Vessel has dealt with an immense amount of self hatred and can't even smile at himself in the mirror. This song is really sad but it also shows Vessel's willingness to heal from his trauma and become a better person and learn to love himself instead of just escaping and running away from his problems like he used to.
- "Rain" (Vessel) Vessel acknowledges how much he has changed, perhaps with Sleep or just from the time he was born when he was a good person and he asks an unknown force to cleanse him of his sins. This force isn't Sleep at this point because Vessel is pretty clear about moving on.
- "Take Me Back to Eden" (Vessel -> Sleep) This is the final time Vessel addresses Sleep and it's a huge tribute to Sleep, without whom he would not have improved, but he also acknowledges the toxicity of the relationship but in a mature way. He looks back at the journey he has had and has a mature outlook on it, he was treated badly by Sleep, but he was also bad, and he's ready to move on.
- "Euclid" (Vessel) In the aftermath of it all, Vessel is ready to shed his former self and become someone new. He calls back to "The Night Does Not Belong To God" just as a tribute to acknowledge how far he has come and what a journey it has been.
If you've read this far, thank you so much haha! This is my interpretation of just the lyrics of the songs and the story that they tell. I understand that there's much more lore to be found in Sleep Token. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Worship.
submitted by holy_vermin95
to SleepToken [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 07:20 KingoftheRednecks The Void Hunt ch 2
Mogan was more than a little woozy after repeatedly toasting his deal with the two ladies. Shidhu had an interesting taste to it, but it was also strong. The San had alcohol, but fermenting berry juice or birch sap was a long procedure and took a lot of work and space. There had never been much to drink, and what they had wasn't nearly so strong.
They had also never needed an antidote for alcohol, while those who had alcohol had seen all its dangers many times over. A fizzing, nasty-tasting drink—once the women had left--had his head clear within minutes, and he walked easily, and steadily, out of the bar.
The bar did not look like the kind of drinking establishment that would be favored by the custom of a man who owned and commanded a ship three kilometers long. It was, to put it bluntly, a dive, the kind of place that the constables avoid. The Tortuga was the kind of place where an enterprising individual could buy weapons that weren't normally allowed on Haitac Station, or drugs that weren't allowed, or discrete passage on a ship if he needed to leave in a hurry. It was not the kind of place to bring the family, or a lover, or anybody who was not engaged in activity that was illegal or close to it.
Technically, Mogan could hire whoever he wanted, but since the companies that Races-through-the-Marshes and Wakawa ran had a somewhat... checkered... history, they generally preferred to stay where they could make an easy escape.
Then again, Mogan didn't look like the kind of man who owned a three-kilometer ship. Or commanded, at least; ownership was in the name of the San tribe. Mogan wore a loincloth, a strip of material about three meters long and a tenth as wide, wound between his legs and around his waist for a snug fit. Once upon a time these were doeskin, soft and supple, but nobody but his own tribe within a few thousand light-years had ever seen a doe, or tanned a hide.
His leggings were of tougher material, fringed to help keep the rain off, and his shoes were of a softer sole than most wore. Most Sylfa, at least; many species went barefoot. A tunic of the same material covered his torso down to his hips, likewise fringed. Like the loincloth, these were once deerskin, and in the cold he would wear a heavier coat over it. These were colored and patterned like leather, but he couldn't even identify the material. Softer than leather, it was tougher as well, and a few controls from the pad in his left hand could even make it as warm or as cool as he liked.
The latter was standard for most clothing, protecting from all but the most extreme temperatures, but the rest looked as primitive as it did before his tribe had ever seen a ship.
A rod was tucked into his belt on the left side, bent slightly back. At one end was a hand grip, with straps looped to fit two fingers into, and on the other end was a beautifully-carved ibex,with its horns forming a small but dull hook to the weapon. The atlatl could hurl a spear twice as far or more, and with almost exponentially more force, but Mogan carried no spears.
He did once, in a quiver made of birch-bark, with the bottom third of the spears covered and the feathered ends sticking over his head, but by now the weapon was more a mark of office than a tool he used. Back in those days it was tucked into the right side, in easy reach of his throwing hand, but no more. On the right, it would have gotten in the way of the laser pistol in its low holster on his right hip.
Most people who carried a rifle or pistol either wore or carried a targeting monocle, a lens that would adjust for moving targets and tell the shooter where to aim, but the San needed no such thing, neither the expense nor the time the device took to find a solution and adjust.
The humans were unique in this.
On his cheek was a mark; a simple tattoo, of only two lines in a pattern like an inverted y, the mark of his tribe. He was of average height and build, with brown hair and eyes, skin bronzed from many different winds and many different suns, but among the two thousand people of the San he was high chieftain. And captain, soon.
Mogan continued to walk up the wide hallways, avoiding the central areas, until he spotted the old man. A small wave, and he turned to head that way.
Shett was once one of the Yil, the hereditary nobility of the Sovereignty. The Yil were untouchable within the Sovereignty, able to do as they wished to such an extent that only protection a citizen had was the possible protection of another Yil. Rather than Yil Shett, the man was now simply Shett, a citizen of the Confederated Settlements. And a traitor as far as the Sovereign was concerned, almost certainly.
Yil Shett had been a wise man with a sharp mind, but a little more than heavyset, nearly locked into his office by duty and stress. Now the man was whipcord-thin, typical of the Sylfa, walking easily. Defecting from the Sovereignty had meant giving up unimaginable wealth—the man had literally owned three planets—but it had clearly been a good thing for him.
The Sylfa waved an arm to make sure Mogan saw him, and tapped a panel on the wall. “Good evening, Captain.”
Mogan shrugged a little. It was “evening” in the sense that they were nearing the end of the cycle, but on the station there was no difference between night and day. Haitac was in orbit around a star, so they didn't even have the shadow of the planet to contend with. But the lack of sun and moon often threw off his mental sense of time, and the twenty-hour day did not help.
“Whatever it is at the moment,” he chuckled, “I hope it goes well for you.” The walls of the station had rails near the ceiling. Hanging from them was something that looked more like saddles on cords, so that nearly any creature could sit on them, extending from beams. Some species had tails, after all, and sitting on a bench was uncomfortable for them at best.. The beams moved swiftly down the corridors, an important feature in a station that was mostly corridor.
Haitac Station was part dock, part shipyard, part admiralty court, part military base, and part entertainment complex. The court could be centralized, and was. The military was as centralized as it could be, although patrols also kept the peace in the rest of the station. The entertainment could be centralized, but for some reason was not, with bars and brothels and hotels and sports complexes and libraries and theaters of various kinds in odd and unlikely places. The docks and shipyards could not be. The dreadnoughts that were the backbone of any fleet were four kilometers long, and some were as much as twice that. A massive tanker or cargo hauler could be four or five times as long, and the end result was that the ships needed a great deal of room between each dock. In addition, since it was partly military, sponsored by the Settlements, there were areas, such as the one they were bound to now, that were not open to the general public.
Mogan climbed onto one of the saddles, and Shett onto another. The average Sylfa was about a head taller than a human, but about two-thirds the weight. An evolutionary past that stayed in the trees for longer granted them a lighter build than humans, and six limbs compared to humanity's four, but they could not walk as well as humans.
Then again, nothing could. Nor did any species, sapient or not, hold the endurance that humans had. The Sylfa could scramble up surfaces with an ease that astounded humanity, leap over a human's head from a standing start, and sprint nearly twice as fast, and others like the Shawing could move even faster over a short distance, but nothing matched a human over long distances.
Mogan had carried a Sylfa once, as he ran, but that was his woman, not a friend. Instead, he held to the saddle as the beam returned to the rails at the upper edge of the wall. It adjusted to their heights by simply changing the length of the cords. The Zerda came no higher than his knee for a tall one, while the Mantu were easily three times his height, so very few affairs were one-size-fits-all measures... another difference from the Sovereignty.
The beam rose into the air, moving along the ceiling at a place slightly faster than Mogan could sprint. Up ahead of them a light indicated a spot where they could make the beams lower to the floor again, but they were going well beyond that point. A small field in front of them kept the wind of their passage from getting too bad.
Mogan was familiar with hard light shields, since every ship had them, but he did not think this was hard light. Hard-light was impossible to make without Reagnium-80. Considering every single interplanetary vessel needed a supply of it and its relative rarity, Reagnium-80 was so valuable that the Settlements used it as the value standard for their currency. There were thousands of these beams, all throughout the station. Not only would they have had to spend an obscene amount to make them, but anything that valuable would have been stripped out and stolen within days... cycles, here.
Shett nodded in reply. “We got news not long ago of a large battle at Manna-6. Ground battle. Our forces were outnumbered about half-again-to-one, but it was a heavy victory.”
Mogan nodded and relaxed, thinking. In a sense, this war was his fault.
Two years ago, he had been little more than a shaman of a small village, of a small tribe, on his homeworld—and on the entire planet, only he had understood even the concept of a homeworld. The term the Sovereignty used for the tribe's introduction to the greater galaxy was “upliftment.” Mogan didn't like it; it implied that he was somehow below the others, raised to true sapience by their own beneficence.
Perhaps every “upliftment” had an ulterior motive, but that of the San certainly had. Mogan did not regret his actions on Noepe; he had saved the lives of men and women breaking the law to survive, shot and stabbed a great many people enforcing what was in truth simple tyranny, and electrocuted the governess who had arranged for his woman to be marooned. No, he still looked upon their mission with pride, but one of the Yils had arranged it themselves, as a pretext to invasion. The few who know of humanity knew that Yil Shett had been a friend and advocate for the species, and the many who knew of Yil Shett knew that he had given up his titles and lands and betrayed the Sovereignty to join the Settlements.
Shett tapped a button on the saddle, and as the next light showed ahead the beam lowered to the floor so they could climb off. It wasn't far from here, and they could walk. They did so, for about two hundred yards before they came to a window.
“There's your dock,” Shett said. “I suppose I could have made a holo easy enough, but I thought your first look at her should be with your own eyes.”
Windows were more common in the public areas, where diners—or guests in the more expensive hotels—could look out on the void, and rarer in the corridors that were mostly just for reaching ships with crew or passengers or supplies. Mogan stepped out to this one, looked out over the dockyards, and stared, mesmerized.
submitted by KingoftheRednecks
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 06:49 TermitesCAardwolf Your top 5 favorite characters?
So who are your top 5 favorite Tamberlane characters? For me:
1: Ainsley - Relatable, neurodivergent, eccentric, funny, goldmine of "meme faces". Just a precious cinnamon roll who should be protected at all cost. I felt SO bad for them in Lights In The Sky and Glow In The Dark. Treehollow needs to get a psychiatrist ASAP to help the poor marten out.
2: Cur - Yeah, I know he pushed Tamberlane onto the ice but I tend to have a soft spot for "Jerkass Woobie" characters who sport adorable character designs. Seriously, he looks like a hurt puppy when he's sad. "Tainted" really made me appreciate him even more and the fact that he happily accepted Jonas as a friend instead of a bullying target was really sweet.
3: Jentzen - He's incredibly based for wanting to educate the children on Abroad. I just hope he gets to stay in Treehollow after all's said and done. I'll be majorly bummed if he gets sent off to God knows where after his argument with Callie.
4: Briar - I feel so bad for her having to put up with Belfry and Tess' screaming matches on a regular basis. She's absolutely the voice of reason among her family despite being a teenager (Walter kinda just sits back and watches the fire burn between Belfry and Tess like the "This Is Fine" meme)
5: Kira - She's basically a more fun-loving and goofy version of Susie from Deltarune. Bully characters are generally meant to be hated. Why are they so damn likable and complex in Tamberlane? I'm guessing the reason she, Cur and Jonas pick on Tamberlane is because Tamberlane isn't treated as a weird outcast by most of Treehollow despite being different.
submitted by TermitesCAardwolf
to Tamberlane [link] [comments]